What is so great about this framework?
AngularJs is the most favored framework for developing resourceful elements of the website. The HTML can be used as the template language by extending the HTML syntax to deliver the application’s modules smoothly. AngularJs being simple helps you avoid the code redundancy. For using MVC, you may have to divide your app modules and rest is taken care of by AngularJs. AngularJs has been prudently designed to guarantee that every resource works coherently and provides desired results in its environment.
Now let’s review the various versions and its features:
AngularJs 1.x is simple to set up. By adding the reference of the library, you can start using Angular 1.x. Model View Controller (MVC) is a prototype for building web applications which form the basis of this version. To perform tasks rapidly, the components are broken into small modules. Angular 1.X consists of filters through which the components can be reused and tested.
Angular 2.0 has removed the architectural restrictions and answers most of the problems that existed in the previous version of angular. Angular 2 is a totally a different version from the previous one. This is due to the noteworthy modifications in internet technologies in recent years. Angular 2 also influences ECMAScript 2015(ES6) turning it up-to-date. Version 2.0 consists of several updated properties that are more advanced than AngularJs 1.0. This version permits the coders to effortlessly combine various modules and services from AngularJs into a single application. Hence, AngularJs 2.0 showcases enhanced performance, influential templates, easy to use APIs, and stress-free debugging.
Some main issues addressed in this version are:
- The load time, and performance of mobile-based applications are considerably improved in this version.
- AngularJs is component based; you can identify and select the elements as required. The complexity of the code generated is hence reduced.
- AngularJS 2.0 aims at ES6 and ensuring the safety of the applications making it hard to hack.
- Applications are smaller and faster
- Reduced View Engine Size
- Inherent types of Animation Packages
- NgIf and ngFor coding Enhancements
- Addition of ngTemplate
- NgIf with Else for improved UI experience
- Simplified HTTP Request handling
- Angular 4 has an innovative title case pipe which alters the first alphabet of every word into uppercase
Angular 5 has improved code allocation capabilities, an efficient HttpClient, and quicker builds. The intention of this release is to make Angular simple to create advanced web apps. The migration to Angular 5 has actually been an unexpected one.But, on the other hand, some good updates have been made to this version. These are changes are easy to implement and adapt. The ultimate target of Angular 5 was to improve the speed of the code. With the usage of smaller packages, the loading time has also been adjusted.
- Angular 5 supports TypeScript version 2.4 which has the Strict-Null-Check preference.
- The creation of progressive web applications has been streamlined. They can now be built as a default.
- With Angular-CLI in Angular 5, the capability to generate configuration code on its own has been enabled.
- The update option in Angular 5 lets you identify when validation has to be done.
- With the introduction of HttpClient, the bound objects for headers and parameters can be created which eases the typing work
Angular 6 continues to stress on being simple, faster and easy to use. To help accomplish these targets, the version 6 has a new renderer which is called Ivy. The components of Angular can be re-used in any other environments like small jQuery apps or Vue JS apps. These components can also accept an Angular module by packaging it in a conventional part or DOM element. Hence it allows the programmers to use the Angular elements in any other project that is out of an Angular environment. It supports publication of web component used in an HTML page. This version consists of features like the Component Development Kit (CDK), Angular Command Line Interface, and Angular Material Package Updates.
Ivy Renderer is a new interpretation engine which has been developed to improve the rendering performance. This will reduce the size of the app and the boost the speed of compilation.
• Bazel and Closure Compiler: Bazel is a build system which is used during the build process. Closure Compiler is used primarily to create JS artifacts for the all the applications built.
• Development of navigationSource and restoredState to NavigationStart
• Form Control position Changes
• Schematics Support
Angular 7 version primarily focuses on the Ivy project, which has been included already in the previous versions. The Ivy project is ultimately amending the Angular compiler and runtime program to make it enhanced, robust, and smaller. Angular 7 was released recently and has some exciting tools features added to it. The features include:
- CLI Prompts
- The Angular Material CDK
- Scrolling Module
- Drag-drop Module
- Updated Dependencies
- Angular 7 is much faster than the previous versions
The angular team is committed to enhancing the efficiency of the framework in their every release. They also try to make the app development as small and as straightforward as possible! With the next release scheduled in March/April 2019, let’s see what’s new coming up!